bacground

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Desk Re-Do

LOVE chalk paint...my new thing...after the armoire turned out so well, I thought, "I should paint that desk downstairs, the one with the laquer finish that would otherwise have to be sanded and then painted" Oh yeah...those girls over at Your Funky Junk warned me once you paint with chalk paint, you will be hooked...and they were so right...love it!!!

So here is the desk...hubby had it before we were married 25 years ago...for the longest time it was what we kept the cat food on so the dog wouldn't eat it...and since we moved into this house, it has held my sewing machine...but it is red stained, and it totally needed a color change. Chalk paint...black and cream....would have painted the whole thing black, but was concerned about sewing on a black top, might be hard to see...I don't know...
 When knobs are on sale at Hobby Lobby, we usually pick up some that we like, and I found a set of these in the knob box...yes, we have a box for knobs....lol
 Here is the finished desk...I opted to seal the chalk paint with 2 coats of acrylic polyurenthane, just so the paint wouldn't chip. I love the clean, fresh look it has now...so much better in this space than before.