bacground

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sunset Card


This was something new for me. Dave & I were driving along the river last night, and the sun was just setting...it was a crisp, clear night, and the sunset was gorgeous...thats the moment of inspiration...started with a light blue card base...used pink and orange inks first, then took a stiff paintbrush (small artist one) and started with my chalks, which I almost never use. Started blending and mixing colors and am so impressed with the result...the shoreline was cut with the deckle edge scissors, the extra large one and popped up. There are some small trees cut from Christmas/Noel, and the birds are from LIAB. The sentiment is a stamp, and then embossed for some oomph (thanks to LarelynSartini on the cricut mb for that tip).

4 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Beautiful

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

This is absolutely beautiful! You are such an artist! I'm glad I hopped over here to your blog too, so i could see all your other fantastic work!

Scrap Happy said...

Beautiful card! I saw your note re your friend who is moving to Nova Scotia. I live in Windsor (which is about 45 min from Dartmouth) but may be able to help her make connections, or at least let her know about crops when I know they are happening.
susanreid@win.eastlink.ca

Sherry said...

What a beautiful card. Great job!