bacground

Monday, December 7, 2009

Shelf Makeover Project




This is a recent project I just completed. We found this shelf in our neighbors garbage, and snatched it up. I should have take a picture of it before I painted it, it was originally black and very greasy
as I think our neighbor used it in his garage. Dh degreased it, and powerwashed it and then I painted it with melamine paint, off white (mostly because I already had the paint, and other pieces in my scraproom are already painted with it.) Then I applied a coat of crackle medium, which I bought at Walmart for about $6.00. Then once that dried I put a coat of my wall paint from the scraproom, over the crackle...and let it dry. I wanted to distress it, however in my town of almost 20,000 ppl, apparently its hard to find glaze medium in anything smaller than a gallon. After that all dried, I took strips of leftover fabric from cricut cover, and modge podged the strips in the backs of all the shelves. I know its kind of hard to see, but the pattern is all matching from the bottom up...starts out more off white and slowly turns to mostly brown...I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Thanks to Vintage87 on the cricut mb for directing me to http://modpodgerocks.blogspot.com/...I ended up corresponding with Amy who was so helpful, gave me some links and suggestions, which eventually led to my finished project. This is the first of its kind for me, and it was so much fun...and now I have more storage for my scraproom...which if you are a scrapper, you know you can never have too much. Tfl!

1 comment:

Wife2TJ said...

Looks wonderful, great job!!! :-)